Here are some noteworthy blogs and other general websites (that didn’t fit into a neat category!). They range from a neat collection of building projects not directly related to a particular curriculum to a web site that delivers a complete robotics program. Many of these sites are focused on the retail versions of the EV3 and NXT kits, but are still worth checking out for ideas and inspiration.
Danny’s Lab (SPIKE Prime, EV3, NXT)
- Daniele Benedettelli is the author of a number of NXT and EV3 books and creator of many original and amazing LEGO robots. His site features a wide variety of inspiring projects.
Anton’s MINDSTORMS hacks (SPIKE Prime, EV3)
- Anton is a prolific creator and hacker. He loves to go beyond the basics and share everything he learns.
Prime Lessons (SPIKE Prime)
- PrimeLessons.org was founded in January 2020 to support users of LEGO Education SPIKE Prime. Since the launch of MINDSTORMS Robot Inventor in the fall of 2020, the site also supports users of MINDSTORMS 51515.
RoboCamp (SPIKE Prime, NXT, EV3, WeDo)
- RoboCamp offers online courses that teachers use with groups of students. They are “creative robotics courses for children in classrooms, in which they learn in groups how to build and program robots using LEGO bricks.” There are courses for NXT, EV3 and WeDo kits.
Coffee for the Brain (EV3)
- The EV3 section of Coffee for the Brain includes a variety of resources, including links to other sites, book recommendations, online courses, etc.
Damien Kee (EV3, NXT)
- Damien is a very active member of the MINDSTORMS community and has written a number of highly regarded books focused on using the NXT and EV3 in education. He also maintains the popular Robotics in Education Mailing List.
Bot Bench (EV3, NXT, ROBOTC, …)
- Xander Soldaat is a very active member of the MINDSTORMS community and has a particular interest in ROBOTC. He not only developed the ROBOTC Driver Suite, but was also involved with porting ROBOTC to the EV3 platform.
- Nigel Ward created this site with a special section for the LEGO EV3.
NXT Programs (NXT)
- Looking for projects with building instructions and downloadable programmes? This web site by Dave Parker is it (Dave has also authored some NXT books). Lots of projects for both the retail and educational versions of NXT.
Robot Square (EV3, NXT)
- Laurens Valk is a prolific robot designer and author. His site includes lots of great articles, tutorials, and even the PDFs for all the models in the EV3 Education version Core Set and Expansion Sets (e.g. Gyro Boy, Puppy, Znp, etc.)
The NXT STEP is EV3 (NXT, EV3)
- The NXT STEP Blog brings together news and information related to the LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT and EV3. Many (if not all?) of the contributors have been members of the MINDSTORMS Community Partners (MCP).
See also Online training courses.
The following two tabs change content below.
I'm a teacher in Tasmania, Australia, and have been using LEGO MINDSTORMS with my students since 2001. I'm the editor in chief for LEGO Engineering (this site) as well as the content editor for LEGO Education Australia (LEGOeducation.com.au).
Latest posts by Rob Torok (see all)
- Obstacle Course - 26 August 2020
- Crash Test Dummy - 26 August 2020
- The Wave - 21 May 2020
- Build X - 20 May 2020
- Build a Duck - 20 May 2020