Strider is an entry-level walker we created when we were trying to discover a linkage mechanism that mimicked the gait of a galloping horse for TrotBot. We explored many options, and one of them led to Strider with a gait similar to a walking elephant. Strider pairs two four bar linkages to increase step-height.
Here is a simulation:
Here is how it walks:
Strider uses only one motor and is relatively easy to build. Plans are available here.
- DIY Walkers: TrotBot using EV3
- DIY Walkers: Strider
- EV3 TrotBot Version 2: Inspired by a Galloping Horse
Latest posts by Ben Vagle (see all)
- Hexapod TrotBot: A classroom-friendly DIY walker - 19 October 2017
- EV3 TrotBot Version 2: Inspired by a Galloping Horse - 4 May 2017
- DIY Walkers: Strider - 29 January 2017