EV3 support comes to LabVIEW with the release of the LabVIEW Module for LEGO MINDSTORMS (formerly the NXT Module).
As well as providing support for the LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3, this LabVIEW module includes updates and bug fixes for the NXT. This module is available as a free download for any existing LabVIEW users.
To find out more or download and the new module, visit: https://decibel.ni.com/
If you don’t already have a version of LabVIEW, you will need to purchase or download a trial version of LabVIEW for LEGO MINDSTORMS 2012 (an education-focused version of LabVIEW 2012 SP1 that is ideal for use in high schools). Once you have LabVIEW for LEGO MINDSTORMS 2012 you will need to install the LabVIEW Module for LEGO MINDSTORMS 2012 to add EV3 support.
Note: The language of the module must be the same as your LabVIEW installation!
LabVIEW Version and OS Support
- The LabVIEW Module for LEGO MINDSTORMS is now released for both LabVIEW 2012 SP1 and LabVIEW 2013. LabVIEW 2014 support will be released at NI Week in August.
- The module is supported on Windows 8/7/Vista/XP (32-bit) and Mac OSX 10.7/10.8 (Intel processors only) and is localized for English, German and Japanese.
Latest posts by Rob Torok (see all)
- Obstacle Course - 26 August 2020
- Crash Test Dummy - 26 August 2020
- The Wave - 21 May 2020
- Build X - 20 May 2020
- Build a Duck - 20 May 2020