How to update the firmware on the EV3 using the LEGO MINDSTORMS Education EV3 software:
- First, make sure that the EV3 is on and connected to the computer.
- Under Tools on the menu at the top of the screen, choose Firmware Update.
A pop-up window will appear, showing you the current firmware on the EV3 and the version(s) available for download to the EV3.
- Select the firmware version you wish to use (probably the most recent one) and click Download.
- The EV3screen will go blank. As the firmware download progresses, the Preparing EV3 Brick and Downloading bars will chart its progress. Once the download is complete, a pop-up window will say “Firmware update successful!”
- Close both pop-up windows. Your EV3 firmware is now ready to use.