This is how to update the firmware on the NXT using LabVIEW for LEGO MINDSTORMS (LVLM) or LabVIEW for Education (LV4E).
1. First go to tools and select NXT Terminal:
This window will pop up:
2. Select “Update Firmware” and this window should appear:
3. Press “Update” and wait a minute or so, and you’re done!
Here are some important notes for updating the firmware:
- All files and programs you have on the NXT will be deleted.
- While updating the firmware the NXT will turn off.
- Don’t unplug the NXT while updating, otherwise you risk ending up with an NXT with destroyed firmware.
The following two tabs change content below.
I have used LEGO Mindstorms as a teacher since 1999, and have used it widely. For example, to measure noise in kindergartens, to have the students create lemonade blenders using small pumps connected to the NXT, and in process control with industrial equipment: pneumatics, industrial sensors, etc.
Latest posts by Svein-Tore Narvestad (see all)
- Create apps for NXT with MIT App Inventor - 3 August 2016
- RicEditor tutorial: Create a cannon game - 28 October 2013
- Create your own games with “RIC” files - 27 August 2013
- How to update the NXT firmware in LabVIEW - 19 August 2013
- Datalogging in LabVIEW: Timed datalogging - 2 June 2013