A LEGO Engineering Conference was hosted by LEGO Education and by the Tufts CEEO in Jakarta, on 18 November, 2013. The day consisted of presentations and hands-on workshops on the integration of robotics into the classroom.
A set of five new EV3 digital workbooks were developed for this conference.
Download the LEGO Engineering Conference Jakarta 2013 – EV3 Workbooks (4MB, ZIP) containing…
- Silly Walks – Build a robot that moves, but without using wheels (as wheels).
- Going the Distance – Build a robot that moves forward. Then determine how to program it to go any distance.
- Musical Instruments – Build a robotic musical instrument and perform a song.
- Pendulum – Build a pendulum and collect data to explore the relationship between length and period.
- Home Automation – Design, build, and program a robot that demonstrates an example of home automation.
NOTE: The LEGO MINDSTORMS Education EV3 Software is required to open these workbooks.
Dr. Ethan Danahy (Engineering Research Program Director, Tufts CEEO) gave a welcome to set the tone for the day as well as the keynote address. Download both presentations here…
- LEGO Engineering Conference Jakarta 2013 – Welcome (8MB, PDF)
- LEGO Engineering Conference Jakarta 2013 – Danahy Keynote (31MB, PDF)
Latest posts by Rob Torok (see all)
- The Plan and the Reality 5: Relay Race - 15 August 2019
- Line Following and Proportional Controls - 15 August 2019
- The Plan and the Reality 4: Research Task and Tallest Tower - 1 July 2019