|How do I fill a container with a floating point value (decimal) in ROBOLAB 2.9?
To fill a container with a decimal value:
- Drag a "Fill Container" block into your program.
- Select the wiring tool, and right click on the "Set container to" node. A menu should appear.
- Scroll down the menu and choose Create --> Constant. A blue wire and blue constant box with a "1" in it should appear. If youtry to type in a decimal, it will be truncated to an integer.
- To change this, right click within the blue constant box. A menu should appear.
- Scroll down the menu to Representation. Another menu box should appear.
- Select the DBL or Double Precision box.
- The blue box and wire should become orange to indicate floating point status. You should now be able to type in a decimal without it being truncated.