This sequence of activities introduces the basic LEGO system pieces. It’s great for beginners and works well with young children. It also introduces the concept of testing and redesigning.
- How can we build a sturdy wall?
- Study tower
- Strongest shape
- Sturdy Car: The drop test
- Chair for Mr. Bear
See also Learning sequence: Learn about gears.
The following two tabs change content below.
The Tufts Center for Engineering Education and Outreach (CEEO) in Boston, Massachusetts, is dedicated to improving engineering education in the classroom, from Kindergarten to college. The Center houses faculty, staff, and graduate students from engineering disciplines and the education department.
Latest posts by CEEO (see all)
- Chair for Mr Bear - 21 August 2020
- Assistive Technology: Making Lives Easier - 20 August 2020
- Sturdy Tower - 14 June 2020
- Going the Distance - 21 May 2020
- GPS accuracy testing with LEGO bricks - 10 September 2015