Sometimes things come together in your class in such a way as to cause a smile to hit your face and remain there for the whole day.
Here’s one such event:
Why it’s cool:
The class were working on the Move Without Wheels challenge.
I was out for the day and the principal was covering my class.
If students made their robot “move without wheels” I told my principal to challenge the students to drive over some obstacles.
On their own, these two girls took all the NXT/EV3/Resource kit lids I had and created a staircase.
Then they got their wheel-less robot to go up the staircase!
So this was independent work going above and beyond what was required, displaying really cool mechanical engineering and using objects in the class to create their own challenge.
When my principal sent me the video I was blown away.
Ethan Danahy also loved how the robot reminded him of this Boston Dynamics robot, RHex.
Latest posts by Ian Chow-Miller (see all)
- Using Video to Assess Robotics Students - 21 November 2018
- A Week in the Life #12: Robot Monsters! - 9 February 2017
- A Week in the Life #11: Sumobot to Battlebot - 28 June 2016
- A Week in the Life #10: Candy Sorter - 27 June 2016
- A Week in the Life #9: Walk This Way… - 23 November 2015