Investigate different shapes in order to determine which shape is strongest. With results from your investigation, design and construct a number of roofs to be placed on a previously built house. Then test the structures by pushing on the top of the roof.
Note: The lesson plan attached to this post was designed as part of a series of introductory WeDo lessons but is relevant to all building systems (i.e. RCX, NXT, EV3, …).
The following two tabs change content below.
The Tufts Center for Engineering Education and Outreach (CEEO) in Boston, Massachusetts, is dedicated to improving engineering education in the classroom, from Kindergarten to college. The Center houses faculty, staff, and graduate students from engineering disciplines and the education department.
Latest posts by CEEO (see all)
- Chair for Mr Bear - 21 August 2020
- Assistive Technology: Making Lives Easier - 20 August 2020
- Sturdy Tower - 14 June 2020
- Going the Distance - 21 May 2020
- GPS accuracy testing with LEGO bricks - 10 September 2015