Think of a way to design and construct the stubborn car: a car that will always return to its original place no matter how far it is rolled away from its starting point.
Tip: How can you track the rotary motion of the car’s wheels?
This challenge provides a great introduction to the idea of a proportional control.
Although the attached lesson plan was written for the RCX, this is a challenge idea that could be implemented with the EV3 or NXT.
The following two tabs change content below.
The Tufts Center for Engineering Education and Outreach (CEEO) in Boston, Massachusetts, is dedicated to improving engineering education in the classroom, from Kindergarten to college. The Center houses faculty, staff, and graduate students from engineering disciplines and the education department.
Latest posts by CEEO (see all)
- Chair for Mr Bear - 21 August 2020
- Assistive Technology: Making Lives Easier - 20 August 2020
- Sturdy Tower - 14 June 2020
- Going the Distance - 21 May 2020
- GPS accuracy testing with LEGO bricks - 10 September 2015