The idea of this challenge is to have students set up several light sensors to log data over time. After the setup is complete, run the programs, turn off the lights in the room, and have the students leave. Walk around the room near the different sensors with a flashlight. After the data acquisition is done and the students return, see if they can work together with their data to determine the path that the “Tomb raider” took around the room with his or her flashlight.
The following two tabs change content below.
The Tufts Center for Engineering Education and Outreach (CEEO) in Boston, Massachusetts, is dedicated to improving engineering education in the classroom, from Kindergarten to college. The Center houses faculty, staff, and graduate students from engineering disciplines and the education department.
Latest posts by CEEO (see all)
- Chair for Mr Bear - 21 August 2020
- Assistive Technology: Making Lives Easier - 20 August 2020
- Sturdy Tower - 14 June 2020
- Going the Distance - 21 May 2020
- GPS accuracy testing with LEGO bricks - 10 September 2015