The WeDo kit can be used to support learning across the range of subjects. The guides that come with the WeDo and WeDo 2.0 software provide ideas of how to achieve mathematics, science, technology, engineering and language arts goals.
Here is a selection of additional resources developed by teachers and others.
- The Early Childhood Robotics Network (ECRN) is part of the Developmental Technologies Research Group at Tufts University. The Network has developed curricula for Kindergarten to grade 2.
- This Word document is an enrichment unit for ages 7 to 10 using the LEGO WeDo platform and based on the research of Dr. Steve Coxon.
- Curricular maps involving educational robots covering K-6. The curriculum starts with the (non-LEGO) BeeBot in Kindergarten and moving to the WeDo in lower primary and then the NXT in upper primary. The curriculum includes links to standards and open-ended challenges. Created by John Heffernan.
- Resources to help you implement a robotics project in your preschool classroom, including instructions, printable resources, videos illustrating management strategies, challenges and other activity ideas, as well as suggestions for classroom management. Created by the the Leading English Education and Resources Network, LEARN, based in Quebec, Canada.
This post was originally published October 2014.
Latest posts by Wayne Burnett (see all)
- What to buy (WeDo 2.0) - 1 March 2018
- Online training courses - 31 October 2017
- A LEGO WeDo learning sequence for younger students - 1 June 2016