Design and construct a car and program it to travel in a straight line until it hits a wall. Once it hits the wall, program the car to reverse direction and continue until it hits another wall at which point it stops.
Tip: What sensors can be used to detect collisions between objects?
- Lesson plan: Things that go bump – NXT + NXT-G (PDF)
- Lesson plan: Things that go bump – RCX + ROBOLAB (PDF)
The following two tabs change content below.
The Tufts Center for Engineering Education and Outreach (CEEO) in Boston, Massachusetts, is dedicated to improving engineering education in the classroom, from Kindergarten to college. The Center houses faculty, staff, and graduate students from engineering disciplines and the education department.
Latest posts by CEEO (see all)
- Chair for Mr Bear - 21 August 2020
- Assistive Technology: Making Lives Easier - 20 August 2020
- Sturdy Tower - 14 June 2020
- Going the Distance - 21 May 2020
- GPS accuracy testing with LEGO bricks - 10 September 2015